Saturday, May 22, 2010

Quesadillas!

The other day, Ree, over at the Pioneer Woman, posted a recipe for Grilled Pineapple Quesadillas. I haven't been able to stop thinking about them since. So, today, after an early morning tee-ball game, followed by a Push-Car Derby race practice, followed by wood-splitting, my boys were HUNGRYand I knew just what they needed!
I didn't really follow Ree's recipe to a tee. I used what I had on hand. That's why I love meals like Quesadillas...endless combinations...all yummy!

2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
1 pineapple, cut in half, quartered and cored
1/4 bbq sauce, we like spicy
fresh salsa
1 c. grated cheese, we used Cheddar
sour cream
cilantro, chopped
Pre-heat your grill.
Cut up the pineapple, into 8 wedges (see the picture above). I used skewers, but I think next time I will just stick to turning them with tongs.
Coat the chicken with the bbq sauce.
Put the pineapple and the chicken on the hot grill. I left the flame high but the lid open. Flip after 4 minutes. Cook 4 minutes more, or until the chicken is cooked through and the pineapple has some nice grill marks.
Remove the chicken and the pineapple from the grill and chop.
Give a large cast iron skillet, or whatever you use for such things, a quick wipe with a stick of butter. Lay a tortilla on the skillet. Pile the pineapple, chicken, cheese and fresh salsa on one half of the tortilla. Fold the other half up over the fillings. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side until there are some nice golden brown spots. Continue until you run out of tortillas or fillings. Serve sprinkled with chopped cilantro and sour cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment